Acne and breakouts are very common in teens with oily skin. It looks very ugly and is painful too. Here are few ways how teens can avoid acne and breakouts.
– Keep Your Face Clean: It is very important to wash the face twice daily in order to remove dead skin cells, extra oil and impurities from the surface of the skin. It is not advisable to wash your face more than twice because it might do more harm than good. You should wash your face with a mild facial cleanser and should avoid harsh soap. You should clean your face gently and rinse it well.
– Moisturize: After washing your face it is very important for you to moisturize it. You should use a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic in nature as it does not cause acne.
– Use Makeup Sparingly: If your facial skin is prone to breakouts then you should avoid using face powder, blush and foundation. If you use makeup then you should wash it off at night before sleeping. You should use cosmetics that are oil-free in nature. The makeup that you apply should also be non-comedogenic in nature.
– Watch What You Put On Your Hair: You should avoid using much of fragrances, pomades, oils and gels because if it gets on the face then it can block the pores of your skin and it may irritate your skin. You should always use gentle shampoo and conditioner. Oil in hair can add oil on your face so you should not keep oil in your hair for too long. Your hair should always be tied well so that it does not come in your face.
– Keep Your Hands Away From Your Face: You should avoid propping your chin or cheeks on your hands and avoid touching your face. By doing so, you not only spread harmful bacteria but you also irritate your inflamed facial skin. If you are suffering from a breakout then you should never pop or prick your pimples with fingers because it will cause infection as well as scarring.
– Stay Away from Sun: If you are suffering from breakouts then the ultraviolet rays of the sun can increase the redness and inflammation. There are some acne medicines that might make your skin more sensitive to the sunlight. So, you should limit your time in the sun especially from 10 in the morning to 2 pm as this is the time when the sun is shining brightly. Whenever you are out in the sun, you should never forget to take an umbrella or a broad-brimmed hat with you to protect your face from harmful UV rays of the sun. You should not forget to apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher than that at least twenty minutes before stepping out in the sun.
– Exercise: Regular exercise is a must as it is very beneficial for the whole body, which also includes your skin. At the time of exercising, you should avoid wearing clothes that rubs your skin as it might cause irritation. You should have a bath immediately after exercising.